Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Implementing a Lean Process

Implementing a Lean Process for my desk study area
The seven muda are:

  • transport: I guess what would be considered transport around my desk area is the accessibility of things on/in/around my desk, such as pencils, pens, scissors, rulers, scratch paper.  I placed things in an organized fashion so that they can be easily accessed when I need them.
  • inventory: For inventory, what I did to eliminate waste was to organize the most important things and kept them on/around my desk area. For items that were not important, I stored them in a separate area.
  • motion: For motion, I removed things that I didn't need around my desk so that I could easily sit down at and get up from my desk.  This is important because I need to be comfortable when I am studying or doing homework.
  • waiting: This one is not really relevant to my specific situation.
  • overproduction: In my particular situation, I interpreted overproduction as only having the school materials, text books, notebooks relevant to the homework I am working on at a particular time on my desk when I need them. Otherwise, I keep other text books, folders, and notebooks on my bookshelf or in my backpack so they are out of my way. That way, I don't have an "overproduction of schoolwork" on my desk. 
  • over processing: This one is not really relevant to my specific situation.
  • defects: This one is not really relevant to my specific situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment