Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Professional Development Plan

My Professional Development Plan – Through schooling and the first five years of my career

Assessment of skills and talents

  • Organized
  • Fast learner
  • Computer skills
  • Good work ethic/hard working
  • Determined
  • Productive
  • Honest
  • Music
Values and interests
I value my family, my friends, my culture, my religion, and my education.  My family, friends, culture, and religion are the most significant inspirations in all that I do.  In turn, the extent to which I value my education is directly affected by these inspirations.

Outside input
  • Values
    • Friendship
    • Integrity
    • Family
    • Culture
    • Religion
    • Education
  • Skills and talents
    • Responsible
    • Hard working
    • Courageous
    • Intelligent
Goals

  • Help people
  • Inspire people
  • Do something that I love
  • Be happy
Timeline
  • Now. Do well in my undergraduate education and take courses that I am interested in
    • Attend conferences related to my area of interest(s)
  • Now. Take advantage of research opportunities as an undergraduate
    • Do research with professors
    • Present research in front of peers and professors
      • Poster presentations
      • Oral presentations
    • REUs/Summer research
  • Now. Make connections and build relationships with people so I can help them and they can help me.
    • Networking
    • Maintaining current and future relationships
  • Summer 2012. Study for and take the GRE.
  • Fall 2012. Apply to graduate school.
  • December 2012 or May 2013. Graduate with a B.S. in Applied Science, Biotechnology concentration
  • Get married
  • Fall 2013. Graduate school.
    • Research, research, research
    • Attend conferences
    • Present research
    • Teach
  • Spring 2019. Graduate with a Ph.D. in ________________________.
  • 2019. Get a job. Get a house.
  • Have kids
  • Make money
  • Continue playing guitar, singing, being involved at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment